We undertake comprehensive testing in accordance with the New Zealand Electrical Safety Regulations and all relevant Standards as required by law.
At various intervals when doing Prescribed Electrical Work (PEW) for you, it is our obligation to present you with an Electrical Safety Certificate (ESC) for each and every stage of any job. Many situations also mandate that we issue a Certificate Of Compliance (COC), which is always given with an ESC.
The following two columns give some guidance on typical situations that require only and ESC, and those that require both an ESC and a COC.
PEW that requires an ESC:
• Replacing a light switch or socket
• Replacing a light fitting
• Removing a wire from a fitting for the purposes of testing, and reterminating
• Replacing or refitting a fixed wired appliance, eg: rangehood, heated towel rail, extractor fan, thermostats for underfloor/undertile heating, etc
• Replacing a circuit breaker
• Replacing a fixed wired pump or motor
• Reconnecting any fixed wired fitting or appliance
PEW that requires a COC and an ESC:
• Relocating or adding a light switch or socket
• Extending a circuit
• Changing the loading of a circuit
• Installing any new circuit or part circuit
• Renewing any fixed wiring or permanently connected fitting
• Renewing the main switch on a switchboard
• Installing RCCB's, RCBO's and circuit breakers or fuses